Friday, August 6, 2010

new! personalized lined stationery for kids

My kids (Emma, 5, and Jack, 7) have been really missing two of their best friends who moved away this summer. Yesterday morning they were eager to write letters to them. They started out using blank paper, but we quickly realized that lined paper would be much easier for them to write on, not to mention easier for their friends to read.

I printed some cute olliegraphic stationery for Emma with light pink lines to write on. When Jack saw it he wanted some, too, but he asked if I could put a soccer ball or football on it instead with blue lines. I loved how they both turned out!

I've thought about offering lined stationery for kids off and on, but it wasn't until I saw Jack & Emma using it that I realized what a good idea it really is. Even though they could type an email to their friends, and they would probably prefer to use the computer than to practice their handwriting, I know how much they love getting mail, and I'm sure their friends will enjoy receiving old fashioned letters as well.

So this afternoon I added a few lined stationery sets to my website. What do you think?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

i love these and think they're a great idea. i always have my son write his thank you cards and birthday cards. i usually pencil in lines for him. these will give me one less thing to do. :)

Jenny said...

any chance you can make these as printable pdfs?

testing 1 said...

EEK! How much do I love these? I'm such a fan of yours, and your posts are always so inspiring! This is why you have an award waiting for you, please come visit.