Monday, February 2, 2009

design inspiration

I worked an average of 14 hours per week in January (just filling orders and not doing anything else - no marketing, no new products), and it felt just right. I'd been planning to continue working this way until the Fall when Jack starts 1st grade and Emma goes to full-day preschool 3 days a week, but then I started looking around at blogs and websites and got an overwhelming urge to create new designs.

I'm not sure how long it'll take this time around from the initial concepts to product photographs that I can post on my website and share here, but in the meantime, here are a few of the designers that I've been inspired by recently...

Japanese artist, Shinzi Katoh:
ISAK home accessories by designer Sandra Isaksson in England:
Isa Form, a Swedish company run by designer and illustrator Isabelle Norman Sällström:

2 comments:

Summer said...

I for one am so excited that you're feeling the urge to create :)

Anonymous said...

Love love love all of these items!