Monday, February 1, 2010

relentless self-improvement

I love the line from Austin Powers International Man of Mystery that starts out, "My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium..." When my husband and I heard it for the first time, we both laughed out loud and commented to each other on what a great phrase that was, "relentlessly self-improving".

At the time we hadn't had children yet and spent a lot of time browsing in bookstores and buying all kinds of how-to and self-improvement books... health & nutrition, fitness, home improvement, career advice, and on and on.

I was always trying to figure out what I should be doing, and I was all over the place... open a bakery? learn how to build websites? become an architect? a lawyer? a psychologist? a nutritionist?

A few months after starting sarah + abraham I realized that I was finally doing exactly what I should be doing. Now all of that relentless self-improvement is focused on sarah + abraham (well, most of it!)

Last week I realized that I've been spending more and more time emailing proofs to customers, and it sure would be nice for that process to be more automated. Also, a lot of times when I send emails with attachments they go straight to spam folders. So I emailed Arianne at Aeolidia asking if she could help me out.

She created the perfect form for me where I can upload the image, enter the order # and customer name, and an email is automatically sent to the customer with a link for them to view their proof.
When they click on the link, this is the screen that it takes them to:
Then I receive an email with their approval or comments. I love it! Little improvements like these make such a difference when it's something that you're doing over and over again, day after day.

4 comments:

Sweet T Paper Designs said...

I've been all over the place like that, too! It can be so frustrating, stressful, mentally and physically draining. I'm "working for the other man" right now until I can get my own "passion" and "what I should be doing" built up so that I can pursue my ultimate goal of working for ME!

WTG!

olliegraphic said...

Genius! Aeolidia rocks.

Denise said...

Genius! Arianne is amazing! What a great idea!

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

that is so cool!