Friday, January 4, 2008

I'll stick with paper

Inspired by these fairy crowns from Nest Pretty Things on Etsy, I decided to try making my own "princess crowns" for my daughter, Emma, and her friends to wear at Emma's upcoming 3rd birthday party.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, and Emma loves wearing her crown around the house.

But more importantly it was a great learning experience for me. Whenever I see handcrafted things like these I start thinking, maybe I should make stuff like that instead of trying to draw. Making the first one was fun... making the 2nd - 6th ones was definitely NOT FUN. So once again I feel good about what I'm doing and my decision to create illustrations that can be turned into multiple prints with the click of a button.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think they look great. I'm with you on the not so fun after 3...I made tutu's for all my nieces for Christmas. By the time I was finished I never wanted to see another.

I found you on Etsy a while ago and just saw that you are featured on Bloggy Giveaways. I think your stuff is great. I have a friend who just had a baby this week. I'll be in touch when I know the details!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!