Saturday, January 19, 2008

more new designs

I feel like I haven't been posting much lately, so I figured I'd share a little sneak peek at what I've been working on. These designs are nowhere near finished (I still need to narrow down everything to my favorites, decide what formats I'm going to offer, how I'll print them, whether to offer personalization, etc.) but I'd love some feedback during this process, so here they are...

I started out trying to design some thank you cards for my daughter, Emma. Even though she had a princess party, she's also crazy about dogs.
Then I started thinking about flat note cards. I really like these, but I'm not sure I want to offer personalized products until I start doing my own printing, and the printer I'm thinking about buying can't print on card stock.So then I made up some blank note cards...
And then went back to adding personalization... even though I don't really want to do it, I just think these are so cute and a set of personalized note cards would make such a nice gift!
And then I decided to try out some of these designs with prayers (getting back to my original business idea)...
So what do you think??? Even if I don't know you and you've never posted here before, I'd really love some feedback. Thanks!

UPDATE: I just had an idea, since personalized items are so popular with online shoppers, and I really should offer personalization, I think I'm going to say "Personalized items are printed on Tuesdays and Fridays, shipped on Wednesdays and Saturdays." Then I'm only running to the printer twice a week - that's not so bad.

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Sara...this is so YOU. I really think that I just love all of them!!! I really love the thank you cards. They are 'generic' which is nice. The personlized ones are cute too. But really, GREAT job. I love your colors, i love the simplicity...leonardo da vinci: "Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication". Don't you love that quote?? Ok, so in a nutshell, you inspire ME, and I think that I just REALLY love this line. Great work!!

Summer said...

I LOVE the first set of personalized cards that you have posted. I think it's a great idea!
I just love your stuff!!