Tuesday, March 18, 2008

zenhabits

I read about a blog called zenhabits on Sarah Jane's Blog recently and took a quick look at it but didn't spend much time there. Then a few mornings ago I had a little more time to look around, and I think it may be my new favorite blog!

The author, Leo Babauta, writes about so many of the things that have been on my mind lately, and does it so well! He writes about "achieving goals, productivity, being organized, motivation, eliminating debt, saving, getting a flat stomach, eating healthy, simplifying, living frugal, parenting, happiness, and successfully implementing good habits".

I started out reading about The Magical Power of Focus (he says focus is the most important determination of whether you’ll achieve a goal or stick to creating a new habit). Then I kept clicking on links to his other articles, and figured I'd share a few of my favorites in case any of these topics sound interesting to you:

5 Inspirations for Being in the Moment: one of the best ways to find happiness and prevent stress is living in the moment

A Guide to Escaping Materialism and Finding Happiness: while we are being pushed towards materialism, it’s for monetary gain by corporations, not for our own happiness

A Guide to Cultivating Compassion in Your Life, With 7 Practices: compassion is one of the few things that will bring immediate and long-term happiness to our lives

Slow Down … to Enjoy Life: slow down to enjoy life more, savor life’s simple pleasures, and reject on some level the materialistic culture we are all caught up in

So if you have a few minutes to check it out, I highly recommend it. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I love the site. So far, my favorite article is 12 Essential Rules to Live More Like a Zen Monk.