Sunday, December 2, 2007

some Etsy favorites

I've been meaning for a while now to post some of my favorite things on Etsy so far. One of the first shops I came across when I started on Etsy that I fell in love with right away was Belle and Boo. This is one of my favorite prints, which I purchased for my daughter's bedroom:
The artwork at Sarah Jane Studios has a similar feel - both artists do such an amazing job of capturing the sweet innocence of childhood. I'd like to purchase one of these prints, too, but I haven't been able to decide on my favorite yet.

Yesterday I came across a shop called Nest Pretty Things that sells all kinds of beautiful whimsical creations including paper goods, bags, jewelry, dream catchers, magnets, and fairy crowns (my daughter will need one of those for her 3rd birthday for sure!) Here's a lovely fabric wreath:

Tamar, the artist behind Nest Pretty Things also has a blog where she's posted some photos from her house. Her house is so full of artwork and beautiful colors - VERY different from my style, but exactly how I'd like my home to look if I could just empty out my house and start all over.

And then there are these little needle felted animals. I can't even begin to explain how much I love these (or why!?) The first time I saw them was on Martha Stewart when a woman named Jenn Docherty was demonstrating how she makes them. She has a shop on Etsy, as does Lauren Alane who made the ones below, but so far I haven't seen any of their creations for sale because they always sell out as soon as they're posted.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

wow! Thanks so much! I love the other artists you posted about! I love mandy's work too...we have become friends since I joined ETSY. I love ETSY...such a great place to meet awesome people:) I just LOVE your shop too! You have such a clean style. Best of luck!